Cerestra’s management is equipped with decades of knowledge and experience of working on India-focused real estate private equity funds
Cerestra is led by seasoned industry professionals who have over 36 years of collective experience in leadership positions with leading real estate private equity funds across India.
- Chhabra has over 18 years of experience in the infrastructure and real estate industries, and has spent over 12 years in real estate private equity with two of the leading India-focused real estate private equity funds. He has managed a portfolio of over USD 2 billion across different life-stages
- As Managing Partner of Cerestra, he conceptualized pioneering investment strategy in Edu-Infra; successfully implemented ‘Proof of Concept’, raised and deployed USD 100 million across two investment verticals: Edu-Infra and Industrial.
- He is responsible for new fund-raise initiatives and managing and developing relationships across Investors and Promoters.
- Prior to joining Cerestra, Mr. Chhabra was Managing Director at Red Fort Capital, heading its investment team and overlooking investments in western India.
- Previously, he was a key member of the team responsible for growing Indiareit Fund Advisors, a real estate PE fund, from scratch to USD 900 million, including ramping up a multi-location, highly skilled team. He has successfully identified opportunities with commitments of over USD 350 million across Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune and Mumbai, in residential, commercial, IT/ITES SEZ parks with area exceeding 25 million square feet. He was involved in multiple exits with IRR’s above 20% net of tax and money multiples in the range of 2.2x-3.0x
- Chhabra is a thought-leader on various industry forums in real estate, and regularly contributes through articles and blogs.
- He is also a member of the Industry Governing Council at the RICS School of Built Environment.
- Mr. Chhabra holds a master’s degree in business administration from the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, India.
- Goel has over 19 years of experience in investment advisory services, including management of grounds-up core assets.
- As a Partner of Cerestra, he conceptualized and executed investment strategy in Edu-Infra and Industrial verticals, led deployment of USD 100 million across two investment verticals and is responsible for managing relationships across Investee companies, promoters and developing new client relationship.
- Prior to joining Cerestra, he was Managing Director at Red Fort Capital, closely supervising their plan to launch a commercial office REIT, while also managing the leasing of their office assets.
- Previously, he was Managing Director/Head of India’s operations at Alexandria REIT, a USD 8 billion NYSE-listed REIT for 5 years.
- He was instrumental in conceptualising and developing the Genome Valley knowledge cluster in Hyderabad city, which is spread over 10,000 acres.
- Goel has also worked with Ernst & Young for a decade, where he handled large PPP transactions and private equity advisory of over USD 600 million. He has also been an advisor to the Government of Gujarat for its Vibrant Gujarat summits, from 2005 to 2009. He was Head of Transaction Advisory business for real estate from 2005 to 2008, and also advised marquee investors like DE Shaw, Citibank, and Lehman Brothers regarding their investments in India.
- Mr. Goel holds a master’s degree in business administration and is an alumnus of Harvard Business School and Harvard Design School.